Questions from 4-17-12
- After listening to Dennis would you say there is a conflict between science and faith? Why or why not? Dennis used a quote by Sir William Bragg in which Bragg likened religion and science to human fingers. What was Bragg’s quote and what did Bragg mean?
- Psalm 19:1 says “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.” How did Dennis demonstrate the truth of this verse? Where have you seen this truth for yourself?
- How has science helped the world? How does science help Christians share the gospel more easily than ever before?
- What are the good science questions to ask non-believers in an effort to begin a discussion with them? (How did the world begin? How did life begin? How did the world become so ordered?) How confident do you feel about starting such a discussion? How important do you think it is to have such discussions?
- How important is it to have scientists who are Christian?