- After listening to Dennis would you say there is a conflict between science and faith? Why or why not? Dennis used a quote by Sir William Bragg in which Bragg likened religion and science to human fingers. What was Bragg’s quote and what did Bragg mean?
- Psalm 19:1 says “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.” How did Dennis demonstrate the truth of this verse? Where have you seen this truth for yourself?
- How has science helped the world? How does science help Christians share the gospel more easily than ever before?
- What are the good science questions to ask non-believers in an effort to begin a discussion with them? (How did the world begin? How did life begin? How did the world become so ordered?) How confident do you feel about starting such a discussion? How important do you think it is to have such discussions?
- How important is it to have scientists who are Christian?
Questions from 4-17-12
Questions from 12-6-11
Questions from 11/15/11
1. How does anger quickly control our thoughts/words/actions? How does James guide our ears and mouths? How can we make sure that we are “quick to listen and slow to speak?”
2. How does anger pull us further from God, rather than draw us closer to God?
3. Understanding that God considers anger as wicked and filthy, how should we view anger? How should we view ourselves and others according to God’s view of anger?
Questions from 11/8/11
1. What does your tongue say about your heart? Does it increase or decrease the value of your "religion?" How do your words show that God either matters or doesn't matter to your beliefs and actions?
2. What are you publicly doing to allow others to see your beliefs? How can you actively show mercy and compassion to those who are in need (orphans and widows)?
3. What are you personally doing to become more pure and holy? How can your personal character/integrity confirm or deny your relationship with God?
1. How did you feel when you saw the words on the slide?
2. How does hearing those words or saying those words affect the school as a whole?
3. In looking at yourself, how do you use your words toward others at LCS?
4. What are some ways you can change the attitude with your speech at school?
From Tuesday 10/18
1. Do you think gossip, sarcastic/crude joking, and hurtful comments to others is an issue at LCS?
2. Do you think what you say to people on a daily basis matters? Why or why not?
3. How did the teaching about speech and words affect you? What did it make you think about?
4. How is what you say a reflection of what you believe?
5. What are ways you feel like we can change the environment at LCS to better reflect Christ with our words and speech?
From Tuesday, 10/4
Hebrews 10:23-25 - Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Main point - We need to encourage each other because there are people who need encouraging.
Suggestions for encouragement:
1. Participate in worship
2. Participate in Church life
3. Do service projects & missions
4. Help other folks through encouragment
5. De a psiritual Big Brother or BIg Sister
1. What are the moral expectations that our culture has for young people? In what ways do you see them in media?
2. What are some ways you serve now in your church? What are some new ways that you could serve?
3. What does it mean to be a spiritual big brother or sister?
4. How is the church different from LCS of Young Life?
From Tuesday, 9/20
1. Was there ever a time in your life when you really knew that you just needed a good long rest from what you were doing?
2. Has there been a time in your life when you found it difficult to just take a break because you felt like you had to just keep going? How did that turn out for you?
3. How can you be intentional about resting in God, taking time to be with Him so that you enjoy Him and let Him fill you with His peace and rest?
From Tuesday, 9/13
1. Has there ever been a time when you have been physically hurt and didn’t want treatment from a Doctor?
2. Has there been a time in your life when it has been difficult for you to read God’s Word? (When, why)
3. How can we “pick this book up and never put it down” in a PRACTICAL way? How are you going to do this.
Read all of Romans 12:2. Then share your thoughts on the following question.
What do you think it means to "be transformed by the renewing of your mind"?